Be proactive by developing a "culture of safety" in your organization:
- Recognize that there are inherent dangers in disturbing the ground and working around overhead utilities.
- Develop and implement safe work procedures.
- Ensure workers are adequately trained in ground disturbance procedures, best practices, and the damage prevention process.
- Cooperate with other stakeholders in the damage prevention process.
- Support and participate in safety organizations: Join Utility Safety Partners and share your knowledge on a committee.