Register Your Assets with the Notification Service
As an owner/operator of utilities and a stakeholder in the Damage Prevention Process, you have an obligation to support utility safety. This includes providing relevant information to anyone who may come in contact with a utility, so that they can operate safely.
The basic premises of an effective Damage Prevention Process are:
- All operators of buried or overhead utilities are registered with Utility Safety Partners' notification service
- Always "Click Before You Dig"
There are many benefits to registering your assets with the Utility Safety Partners notification service:
- Reduction in buried utility damages and overhead powerline contacts and their consequences.
- Demonstration of due diligence and responsible ownership.
- Opportunity to standardize methods and procedures.
- Reduction in administration costs and more efficient scheduling of locators.
- Protection and records in case of disputes, claims or lawsuits.
- Enhanced cooperation among owners/operators of buried and overhead utilities toward the achievement of common goals.
- Increased public awareness of the inherent dangers in disturbing the ground and the need to "Click Before You Dig".
- Economies of scale and consistency of messages in advertising, promotional items, and public awareness programs.
The Registration Process
- Complete and submit the Membership Questionnaire.
- Utility Safety Partners will send you a service agreement package for review
- Return completed documents to Utility Safety Partners for execution.
- Provide asset location data for import into the Utility Safety Partners database.
- Utility Safety Partners will import your data into the system and will send you a request to verify its accuracy.
- Once you have verified the data is accurate, select a "Go Live" date to start receiving locate request notifications.
For more information please email our Member Services Team